A WILD GALLOP THROUGH THE UNITED KINGDOM
Knights of the Island is kicking off for the 5th time in 2021 after four amazing tours in 2016, 2017,2018 & 2019. Be an adventurer on this awesome adventure rally and experience Britain in a way you never have before!
Only a limited number of teams will be permitted to roll out at our Brussels launch. So, don’t just sit around sipping tea – sign up and get going!
Take the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. All teams looking for a relaxed and comfortable way to get back to the European mainland the day after reaching the finish line should consider hopping on the ferry to Amsterdam from Newcastle (90 km south of the Scottish border). DFDS Seaways sails the route daily in the late afternoon. Be sure to book in advance.
Collect €500 for great charity projects.
The money can go to projects that we have carefully vetted to ensure that all contributions go where they should—to the people who truly need them. Or you are free to pick a charity project that has always been dear to your heart.
Charity donations can be collected any time from the date you sign up to the moment you cross the Finish Line. More
Modern Classics & Vintage Rides
20+ years old (incl. date of manufacture 12/2002)
20+ years old (incl. date of manufacture 12/2002) – a two-wheeler team can consist of no more than 2 bikes
20+ years old (incl. date of manufacture 12/2002) – RVs are not permitted
There is no designated maximum value for your rally vehicle.
You can still sign up even if you haven’t gotten your vehicle yet. You have until the start of the rally to find your perfect set of wheels.
This rally ain’t about speed. In your Roadbook you’ll find some tasks that’ll have you diving deeper into your adventure. Each team will receive a Roadbook at the rally start in Brussels.
The winner of the Knights of the Island Roadbook Competition will earn a starting spot on another S.A.C rally of their choice.
- Official rally starting event in the heart of Brussels (Belgium)
- Pre-Adventure-Get-Together at the pre-start day (not mandatory)
- Finish in Edinburgh with award ceremony and closing event and handover of the KOTI finisher certificate
- Parties halfway along the route in extraordinary locations with overnight accommodations
- Rally kit, with everything that belongs to an official rally: rally vehicle branding with official UK Rally logos and start numbers, rally T-shirts, stickers, merchandising. The rally kit will be sent to the teams four weeks before the start.
- Roadbook: Each team has the chance to delve even deeper into the adventure by completing tasks in their roadbook. The roadbook will be handed out to each team at the start in Brussels.
- SAC Track: The official S.A.C Live Tracking App
- Support in organisation and planning
- Own team page on the S.A.C. website
- Press work for the rally
- S.A.C. is your contact for questions and problems during the rally
- Not included in the entry fee: Accommodation, meals, ferry crossings, road charges and technical support are the responsibility of the team.
The application fee for the Knights of the Island 2021 & 2022 is €940 for a two-person team. The charge for each additional team member is €250.
In order for an application for the Knights of the Island to be valid, the fee must be transferred to the S.A.C. registration account within 2 working days of a successful online registration.
Any additional team members can be signed up as late as two months prior to the rally start.
The sign-up fee does not include the €500 charitable donation.
- Start in Brussels
- Finish in Edinburgh
- England, Scotland, Wales
- 10 days, 3.500 kilometer
- Old school vehicles at east 20 years old
- NO GPS, NO SAT Nav, NO Motorways
- Roadbook with exciting challenges and crazy missions
- 2 person team from €940