Das Auto – The German Wunder
Old School or New School
For the ultimate rally road trip at your doorstep, your adventure vehicle only needs to match one of the four vehicle classes!
You can cruise along the coast in your Ford Granada or let the wind blow around your nose on the mountain passes in your Beetle Convertible. You can also glide silently through the woods with your Tesla or pose in front of any baroque castle with your Porsche 944.
Four vehicle classes:
1. Old Schooler: 30+ years (30+points*)
2. Youngtimer: 20+ years (20 points*)
3. Freshman: 15+ years (0 points*)
4. Electric ⚡️: 0+ years (20 points*)
*In the roadbook competition
Cars, vans, commercial vehicles and motorcycles are allowed during the rally.
- Vans & commercial vehicles: Whether VW Bulli, Magirus Deutz fire truck or A-Team Bus GMC Vandura - everything big and loud is allowed during the rally.
- Motorcycles: A motorcycle team may consist of max. 2 motorcycles. Lone fighters are of course also welcome.
- Mobile homes and caravans are not allowed: Vehicles built exclusively as motorhomes/RVs, e.g. with alcove etc., are not allowed.
There is no designated maximum value for your rally vehicle.
You can still sign up even if you haven’t gotten your vehicle yet. You have until the start of the rally to find your perfect set of wheels.
Have a look at your car-crazy uncle Hans' garage! And if the dusty Mercedes S Class is no longer there or he has to charge his new Volkswagen ID.3 first, then the Internet will definitely help you. You might be surprised at the number of affordable, quality cars that are offered on some used-car websites that’ll be perfect for your Germany roadtrip and will also comply with the rules of the Deutschland Rally.
In all SAC Rallyes, resources are conserved and cultural assets are protected by the preservation and use of modern classic or vintage cars. It is a sign against the throwaway society and against the general consumer behaviour. To purchase a new, "fuel-efficient" leasing vehicle every 2 years causes as much CO2 during the production of the vehicle as driving a modern classic or vintage car for 10 years through the countryside.
In the context of the Deutschland Rally the participants travel all of Germany in 8 days and cause thereby per person not even a quarter of the CO2 emission of a flight to Mallorca for a long weekend.
Also, the long-lasting impression of this adventure and the experience of the different cultures remains for years. In contrast to an air trip, here the way is still the goal.