INTO THE WHITE WILD
WITH YOUR INDIVIDUAL DREAM CAR
For the ultimate winter rally road trip through ice and snow around the Baltic Sea and up to the Arctic Circle, your adventure vehicle only needs to match one of the four vehicle classes!
You can drift around the icy curves in your Opel Manta or plough through every snowdrift with your Toyota Hilux. You can also glide silently over frozen lakes with your Tesla or master any pine forest slalom with your Golf 6.
Four vehicle classes:
1. Old Schooler: 30+ years (30+points*)
2. Youngtimer: 20+ years (20 points*)
3. Freshman: 5+ years (0 points*)
4. Electric ⚡️: 0+ years (20 points*)
*In the roadbook competition
Cars, vans, commercial vehicles and motorcycles are allowed during the rally.
- Vans & commercial vehicles: Whether VW Bulli, Magirus Deutz fire truck or A-Team Bus GMC Vandura - everything big and loud is allowed during the rally.
- Motorcycles: A motorcycle team may consist of max. 2 motorcycles. Lone fighters are of course also welcome.
- Mobile homes and caravans are not allowed: Vehicles built exclusively as motorhomes/RVs, e.g. with alcove etc., are not allowed.
There is no designated maximum value for your rally vehicle.
You can still sign up even if you haven’t gotten your vehicle yet. You have until the start of the rally to find your perfect set of wheels.
Have a look at your car-crazy brother-in-law Lukas' garage! And if the dusty Jeep Grand Cherokee is no longer there or he has to charge his new Volkswagen ID.3 first, then the Internet will definitely help you. You might be surprised at the number of affordable, quality cars that are offered on some used-car websites that’ll be perfect for your winter rally roadtrip and will also comply with the rules of the Baltic Sea Circle Winter Edition.
In all SAC Rallyes, resources are conserved and cultural assets are protected by the preservation and use of modern classic or vintage cars. It is a sign against the throwaway society and against the general consumer behaviour. To purchase a new, "fuel-efficient" leasing vehicle every 2 years causes as much CO2 during the production of the vehicle as driving a modern classic or vintage car for 10 years through the countryside.
In the context of the Baltic Sea Circle the participants travel 10 countries in 16 days and cause thereby per person not even the half of the CO2 emission of a flight to Mallorca for a long weekend.
Also, the long-lasting impression of this adventure and the experience of the different cultures remains for years. In contrast to an air trip, here the way is still the goal.
- Four vehicle classes:
1. Old Schooler: 30+ years
2. Youngtimer: 20+ years
3. Freshman: 5+ years
4. Electric ⚡️: 0+ years
- Cars, vans, trucks and motorcycles allowed
- No value limit for the rally car